Admissions Process for 2020-2021
Thank you for your interest in Saint Thomas! We hope our admissions material, events and process will give you a sense of what Saint Thomas offers its students and their families. We know applications can be stressful but we are here to help and are excited to come to know your family through our admissions process. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus soon!
Parents will be treated to a virtual campus tour, virtual presentations by key faculty, staff & parent volunteers followed by a Q & A session.
|Nov 2||Online Applications Available - Supporting application documents (refer to Notes on the Admissions Process and Enrollment Priorities below) will be accepted at the school beginning at 7:00am on November 2 and then after 8:30am on following mornings.|
|Nov 2||Priority Application Period Begins
Priority applications will be accepted online through the PRIORITY APPLICATION PERIOD ending on January 8.
|Jan 8||Priority Application Period Closes|
|By Appointment||Assessments for K-8th Graders|
|By Appointment||Playdate Observations for Preschool and Pre-Kindergarteners:
Applicants with a completed application submitted by the January 8 deadline will be contacted by the school office to schedule a playdate observation.
|Feb 5||Priority Admission Notification|
|Feb 8||Rolling Admissions Begins:
Applications received AFTER the January 8 deadline will be held for processing until the Rolling Admissions Period. Qualifying applicants for grades with NO CURRENT OPENINGS will automatically be placed on a wait-list and notified regarding their application status.
|Feb 22||Priority Admission Contracts & Deposits Due|
Notes on the Admissions Process and Enrollment Priorities:
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Although STA welcomes those of all faiths, we are committed to first making Catholic education available to every Catholic family who desires it. This goal is reflected in our admission priority policy of taking into consideration:
- 1st: Siblings of Current Students and children of alumni
- 2nd: Saint Thomas the Apostle Parishioners
- 3rd: Out of Parish Practicing Catholics
- 4th: Non-Catholics
The following documents must be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete. Your application is not considered complete until all of the supporting documentation is on file with the admissions office. The date of your completed application is a factor used in the admission decision process. Applicants with completed applications will be contacted by the Admissions Team to set an appointment for an assessment or observation.
- $100 Application Fee
- Birth Certificate (certified)
- Recent Photo
- Vaccine Immunization Record (State law requires that immunizations be current for students to attend the 1st day of school)
- Records Release Form (will be emailed upon completing the online application)
- Teacher Evaluation Form (will be emailed upon completing the online application)
- Report cards & Standardized Test Scores (current year and past two years if applicable)
- Any psychological-education testing reports, IEP or 504 service plan
- Sacrament Certificates, if applicable, copies are accepted (Baptismal, First Eucharist, Confirmation)
- Any court ordered custody or visitation documents